Palletised Delivery Terms & Conditions
- The contract between Puffin Energy Ltd and the customer will be deemed to be fulfilled on delivery of your order in good condition. Where the order is not delivered in good condition, the contract between Puffin Energy Ltd and the customer will be deemed to be fulfilled, upon receipt by the customer of any refund due to them, as a function of the customer having notified Puffin Energy Ltd of any damage to the order, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The goods will be considered to be delivered in a fit state where you, the customer, has signed the delivery note confirming the safe delivery of the order.
- Where the customer has waived their right to inspect the state of goods by requesting delivery without a signature, the contract will be seen as completed, regardless of the actual state of goods. Delivery will be deemed to have been made at the time stated on the delivery note.
- We strongly advise against customers requesting unattended deliveries. If goods are left without the customer being present, Puffin Energy Ltd cannot be held responsible for any damage or theft that occurs to the goods once they have been left.
- We use a 3rd party haulier and our own vehicle for some local deliveries to deliver all orders. Any liability arising from the delivery process lies strictly with the haulier or Puffin if own vehicle has been used..
- All pallet based deliveries are delivered to the kerbside. While our delivery drivers will normally go to great lengths to ensure that your delivery is placed where you require it, the contract between yourself and Puffin Energy Ltd includes delivery to kerbside only. Please ensure that you have the means to move the pallet(s) and their goods from the kerbside to a suitable storage location. Please consult the delivery page to see the required access conditions for deliveries.
Damage during the Delivery Process
- Where your order has received some level of damage in transit Puffin Energy Ltd will refund you for the amount of product that you have lost (please note, only lost/unusable product will be compensated for – damaged packaging is not a basis for a claim), provided you follow the following process:
- Sign the delivery note to indicate that the delivery has been received with damages evident (if your delivery note is signed as received in good order, and the damages were evident on delivery, NO claim whatsoever is possible); AND
- Notify Puffin Energy Ltd by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 24hrs of the delivery that you intend to seek a refund, with the volume of product lost/rendered unusable (Please provide the equivalent volume in bags of lost/unusable product, and NOT the number of bags with damage); AND
- Provide photographic evidence to support the level of lost/unusable product being claimed for (please note that if there is a large discrepancy between the level of lost/unusable product claimed for on the delivery note, and the level of loss evidenced by photograph, Puffin Energy Ltd reserves the right to not offer a refund); AND
- Provide to Puffin Energy Ltd by email (email@example.com) all evidence required to support your claim within 72 hours of delivery.
- Puffin Energy Ltd is unable to add lost/unusable product to future orders. All claims will be refunded to your original method of payment.
- Where damages are not indicated on the delivery note Puffin Energy Ltd is not able to offer any refund where the customer could reasonably have been expected to have noticed the damages after a visual inspection of the order, or where the customer requested an unattended delivery.
- If there are damages on an order that were not signed off on a delivery note and that could not reasonably have been discovered by a visual inspection of the order on delivery, then the customer may apply for a refund for the damages provided they are able to:
- Provide evidence of the damage in photographic form;
- Provide evidence that the damage could not have been reasonably discovered by a visual inspection of the goods on delivery;
- Provide notification of the damages to Puffin Energy Ltd within 24 hours of the delivery.
- We provide guidelines as to the expected delivery schedule of the relative delivery services offered by Puffin Energy Ltd. Please note that in all cases the timeframes given are guides only. Puffin Energy Ltd will not be held liable, if for whatever reason, a delivery does not arrive within an expected period.
- All orders received on a standard working day prior to 2pm are dispatched the next working day, subject to stock availability. Puffin Energy Ltd endeavours to maintain a positive stock balance on all lines throughout the year. Where Puffin Energy Ltd are expecting a temporary unavailability of stock, (provided the unavailability of stock will not exceed 4 days), Puffin Energy Ltd will continue offering the product for sale and dispatch the product on availability.
- Where stock is unavailable and not due to be available for more than 4 days, Puffin Energy Ltd will endeavour to restrict sales of the good in question.
- Standard Delivery – Orders placed on a standard delivery basis for delivery within mainland UK (not including the highlands & islands) will typically arrive on the fourth or fifth working day, including the day of dispatch (i.e. Monday pre 2pm order should be delivered by Thursday/Friday, but may be sooner). Some areas may take longer than 4 working days, but should not take longer than 7 working days.
- We are unable to honour any specific delivery date requested in the delivery notes. Where a customer requests delivery on a specific day in the delivery notes we will pass this request on to the hauliers, but the order will still be delivered as per our standard terms for that delivery service. Where a delivery is made contrary to the request in the delivery notes with respect to a specified day of delivery, Puffin Energy Ltd will entertain no liability for failing to comply with that request. Customers who require a specific day of delivery are requested to call the office to discuss with a member of staff.
- You agree to take delivery of your order within 7 working days of placing your order. We reserve the right to charge a storage fee of up to £10 per item per day from the 8th day onwards, or refuse the order.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that there is suitable access to the delivery location. Where a delivery is attempted but is unable to complete due to a lack of access that you could have reasonably been expected to anticipate, we will charge a redelivery fee of £20 plus VAT per pallet.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the address and delivery instructions you provide are correct. Where the address and/or instructions are vague and our haulier cannot reasonably be expected to find the delivery location from the instructions provided, we reserve the right to charge a redelivery fee of £20 plus VAT.
- Where the delivery location is unsuitable for delivery (as deemed by our drivers), and you are unable to provide an alternate delivery location that is suitable, or otherwise unable to come to an amicable resolution of the delivery with Puffin Enegry Ltd you will be liable for the costs associated with returning the pallet as per 4.4.3 and, or 4.4.4 above.
- If delivery has been communicated for a specific day and you are not at home to take delivery, Puffin Energy Ltd will work with our delivery drivers to determine whether the goods can be safely left in your absence. If it is deemed that the goods cannot be left, we will charge a redelivery fee of £20 plus VAT per pallet.
- If you have requested that the goods are left in your absence, the delivery driver will undertake a risk assessment to determine whether the goods can be safely left or not. If the driver deems the delivery location unsafe the goods will not be left, and we will charge a redelivery fee of £20 plus VAT per pallet.
Damage to property during the delivery process
- Puffin Energy Ltd Limited disclaims all liability from any damage and/or death to any property and/or person that may occur during the delivery process.
- Any liability for any damages that may occur during the delivery process lie strictly with our 3rd party haulier where used and Puffin Energy where our vehicle was used.
- In the unlikely event that any damage to persons or property occurs during delivery please follow these protocols:
- Take a written acknowledgement from the delivery driver that details the extent and nature of the damage that occurred. Please include a commentary of how the damage occurred. Please ensure that both driver and any witnesses sign the acknowledgement and that the driver includes his name, vehicle registration number, and the name of his employer, along with insurance details if available.
- Take photographs of the damage.
- Please call Puffin Energy Ltd to let us know what has happened. Although we cannot influence the outcome of any claim you may make where a 3rd party haulier has been used, we are able (in most cases) to speed up the claims process.
Defective Goods and Returns
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods are suitable for the use to which you put them to.
- In the unlikely event that the goods provided do not conform to these terms, please let us know. If the goods do not conform we will:
- Remove the goods at our cost and provide you with a full refund for the value of the goods that have been removed; or
- Replace the goods at our cost.
- Dissatisfaction with goods delivered. If you are dissatisfied with the goods delivered, but the goods do conform to these terms and you would like to return the goods we will collect the goods and provide a refund to you provided:
- The goods are returned to us in a saleable condition;
- At least 66% of the original order is returned.
- We will refund you the full value of the goods (not including the delivery cost paid included in your order total) returned to us less £40 plus VAT per pallet for the transport costs incurred (and shipping surcharges where they occur), returning the goods to our warehouse.
- These terms and conditions apply to any replacement goods that we may send you.
- If your order is being returned it is your responsibility to ensure adequate access for our haulier to collect the goods. Good must be packaged in the same way they were delivered. Where appropriate access is not given, we will pass on any additional haulage costs to you.